Wednesday, May 14, 2008

like buttah

Well, another week is sliding past "like buttah". It just seems like time passes so quickly here when you work all day every day. It is going to be a big adjustment to a slower pace of life if I do get the chance to travel once off the Ice. I guess that will depend a large measure upon just how little my money is worth come November. Frankly, nobody here is looking to positively at the economy given the news that filters down to the bottom of the world. My plans will definitely be driven by economics and how my astronaut application pans out.

I've got a pretty tough project going on right now. A little electronics box for the zenith photometer needs to have two components swapped out, and it's going to involve a whole lot of desoldering and resoldering of small connections (26 in fact). I will probably manage to get it done, but with no diagrams provided by the project it is disconcerting to rely upon circuit diagrams I've drawn myself. Oh well, I guess it's a good learning experience.

Last night we hopefully ensured ourselves omelets and other egg-ceptional treats by oiling many, many cases of the little nuggets of protein-filled goodness. Yes, you dip the eggs in oil and that somehow keeps them fresher longer. It probably has something to do with reducing the permeability of the shell. Anyhow, it was a pretty fun time-with only a reasonably small number of broken eggs-had to the dulcet strains of The Fresh Prince.

Yo Holmes, smell ya later!

No comments: