Saturday, March 15, 2008

a bit winded

Well, I had the joy of running from ARO back to the station-a good quarter mile-when the fire alarm went off this afternoon. Luckily, most of the station was lolling around on their day off, so there were plenty of folks around, including firefighters, to respond quickly. Some battery charger just had a short and overheated or something. Anyhow, other than that it has just been a remarkably dark day, with all the same work done on my part.

In about 5 minutes I'm going to get the next couple of "From the Earth to the Moon" episodes started up in the lounge across the hall from my lab. I've been looking forward to this all week. This week I get about 11.5 hours of "weekend", from the end of work on Sunday to the beginning of work on Monday. I usually pack as much into that as possible.

Well, gotta run.

No comments: