Friday, January 18, 2008

What, me worry?

R&R is definitely treating me well thus far. I haven't really done anything but sleep in and relax and stay up late doing nothing at all productive. It's nice to just be able to squander all sorts of time that would otherwise be spent doing science and firefighting work at Pole.

McMurdo is just a very familiar place for me after my summer here. It's nice to just know where everything is and what options there are. It hasn't been all that weird seeing land and liquid water, but I think seeing dirty floors and muddy streets has had a bit of a cringe factor to it after the cleanliness of Pole.

This afternoon we may be getting out to Castle Rock on a hike, so that should be a chance to take some nice pictures away from the urban sprawl of Mac Town.

No comments: