Thursday, January 24, 2008

Back in the saddle again

Well, after my first full day back here at Pole it feels pretty good to be back in the swing of things. I spent most of the day yesterday out working with a visiting project staff member (perhaps the last one of the summer for me) on the UV monitoring network equipment in the Atmospheric Research Observatory. Late in the afternoon I worked out on the ARO roof changing some hardware on a number of the sensors for the project. The temperature has dropped about 10 degrees since we left for R&R, so my hands were getting really cold. I was working with pretty small nuts and bolts, and touching those and the tools without using gloves really sucked the heat out of my hands. Regardless, it was a good day and it is good to be back here at 90 south for a very long stay.

Here's a random photo from Scott's hut, just for kicks:

No comments: