Tuesday, February 19, 2008

fall cleaning

Well, cleaning up Summer Camp was quite a chore this morning, but I guess we're way ahead of schedule for getting that all taken care of. I cleaned three Jamesways by myself, and worked with a partner to clean the fourth (J-7, the one I lived in last year-weird to see my room again) and to spend over 90 minutes mucking out the midden heap that is otherwise known as the Summer Camp Lounge. I guess it's some of the most expensive filth in the world, given that it has to be flown all the way down here to the bottom of the world. Anyway, that's pretty much wrapped up for the season.

I also filled in my big excavation out at ARO today with help from the cryogenics tech. It sure filled in easier than it came out.

Tonight I got in another two-fisted guitar duo: the real thing and some "Guitar Heroes 2" with the guys. I managed to increase my skill level up to medium, which was a lot of fun to try and keep up with. "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour and "Reptilia" by (I think) "The Strokes" were the toughest ones I played this evening. Later on I joined some of the Utility Techs and other folks that had worked on the Summer Camp clean-up today in the other lounge for a nice, chilled-out chat session. Drinks were provided by the UTs in appreciation for the help we'd given them. I guess it took the UTs working alone like a week last winter to get Summer Camp all winterized. Tomorrow a lot of folks will be working on rolling up the fuel line from the flight deck to the fuel arch, which I won't be able to help with since I'll be in Comms most of the day.

Speaking of which, I believe it's time to end today with a spot of sleep.

Kali nikta!

2 comments:

calee said...

Hey- you know I helped you clean Summer Camp lounge. Not cool. Remember, you are not alone.

EthanG said...

"and worked with a partner to clean the fourth (J-7, the one I lived in last year-weird to see my room again) and to spend over 90 minutes mucking out the midden heap that is otherwise known as the Summer Camp Lounge"

...as was intended to be conveyed by the preceding text.