Tuesday, November 4, 2008

hurry up and wait

Well, we're still waiting around for planes carrying replacements for us to arrive. The last few days it has been weather forecasted for here or McMurdo that has impacted the nominal flight schedule. I'm pretty much guaranteed to be here through at least early next week, if not the middle of next week, so as of Monday I'll start losing out on travel plans already made for New Zealand. At least the three guys replacing the one of me should be well rested and ready to go after cooling their heels at McMurdo for so long. It's starting to get weird being here overlapping dates on consecutive years. Deployment to the Ice now feels like ancient history, and I've still got plenty of work left to do before I am released from this contract. Below is a picture from fire school last year; I've always like things pyrotechnic:


Hey, and I just had to run off to respond to a false fire alarm in the garage! The excitement never stops at rock-em' sock-em' South Pole.

No comments: