Sunday, October 19, 2008

Working weekend

Well, things were hopping here at Pole for me over the 2-day weekend most of the station enjoyed. While the children were still nestled all snug in their beds, I was sweeping and mopping the mezzanine and my work area in the science lab. That took about three hours of my morning, and about 1.5 hours of my afternoon were taken up by cleaning on of the janitor's closets, which was very much in need of a large amount of scrubbing. The whole station will be working on Mega House Mouse today, which will hopefully get most of the rest of the facility spruced up and ready for the new occupants to commence habitation.

Tomorrow, weather providing, we'll have the Basler pass through and a Twin Otter spend the night.

I'm in the final throes of document updates and turnover report writing, but there still is a lot of work to be done before I pull up stakes and rejoin the World for a while.

Nothing is as certain as that the vices of leisure are gotten rid of by being busy.
~Seneca

2 comments:

Lilly said...

Hi Ethan,
If you would like to have a point of contact when you get to Cambodia, I have an old Swedish friend who is living there now, a photographer (bit of a Quicktime VR wiz as well) whom you might like to meet up with. He is also a fan of Gibson's.
His website is at www.jiras.se. I have emailed him, and he would be delighted to show you around. Here are his contact details:

Anders Jiras, photographer
+855(0)92 520 750
#61,Street 172,
Phnom Penh 12206
Cambodia
anders.jiras@gmail.com
www.jiras.se
Skype: andersjir

EthanG said...

Hi there,
Sorry, replying to this kind of got lost in the fray of work and post-work planning. I'm actually only going to be in Cambodia for a couple days on a quick little tour to Angkor Wat. I don't really know how much time I'll have during those couple days that isn't going to be devoted to seeing the sights there at Angkor Wat/Siem Reap.