Wednesday, October 29, 2008

ARRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decisions, decisions... Having pretty much just finished making all my plans for this trip to NZ, Oz, and SE Asia, why-oh why-did I have to finally get notice today of an opening on the Stad Amsterdam for a 19-day trans-Atlantic voyage from the Canary Islands to St. Martin in the Caribbean?!?!?!

I'm still here at Pole doing the work thing until any of my replacements eventually show up. Allegedly the new Aurora Tech will be in tomorrow, but the other two come in later.

I wonder if I can get a charge number in my time card for "weeping and gnashing of teeth"...

2 comments:

Becky said...

Because you have made one set of plans. That's just how life works. On the other hand, sailing in the Caribbean will be available even after you get back from Asia, and it's a lot more accessible.
I'm sure you'll manage to have fun wherever you end up. Let's hope NASA calls tomorrow....

Scott said...

Hi Ethan,

I've been following your adventures from afar all winter. That ship looks like a blast, but your original itinerary is a winner and you should stick with it. Hopefully you'll soon be training to sail on a much more sophisticated "ship."