Thursday, October 11, 2007

Safe 'n sound in MacTown

Well, I got here just fine. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for my "boomerang bag" that has all my street clothes and toiletries in it to turn up. I just have my computer bag and two big duffel bags of ECW gear.

Christchurch was cold and rainy the whole time we were there. It would have been nice to have gotten to roll around in some grass one last time, but it wasn't in the cards. The weather here at McMurdo is gorgeous, and it's surreal to be back in a place I really thought I'd never be returning to when I left. Interesting how life's path can fold back on itself.

Anyhow, if I can get the rest of my gear I'll be rockin' it out in the dish room tonight. We've got a few orientations and meetings scheduled while here in McMurdo, but I may have down time (while still on the clock) during which I may get tasked to help out in other departments and, if all else fails, the kitchen.

I'm rooming in Building 155, which was my old home last season. It's weird knowing it's not home, but just yet another hotel room while in transit to my new pad.

I'll get some pictures up later.

No comments: