Saturday, November 3, 2012

another try tomorrow

With the flight canceled on Saturday, the last couple days have been busy here at Pole.  There has been some turnover for Team 2 and the ERT in general, but the drill was postponed until Monday morning.  Last I heard the LC-130 I (and a bunch of other folks) will leave on is planning on a 8:00 AM departure from McMurdo, which means it would likely arrive here-should weather and mechanical gods (Vulcan/Hephaestus?)-smile upon us.  Not leaving was OK with me; I'd rather be here on a weekend than McMurdo.  I also got to have a nice chat at brunch with an ex-NASA flight surgeon that is the next doctor here at Pole.
"Energy and persistence conquer all things."
~Benjamin Franklin