Sunday, August 9, 2009

Road Work

Well, I've been a bit preoccupied this past week getting details ironed out for a training trip on the east coast. I'm visiting three universities in New Hampshire, Maryland, and Delaware that I will be working with supporting science projects they have at the Pole. I had to get up at 3:30 this morning to start the trip, and am currently craving food in New Hampshire.

It's my first time in NH, and I rather enjoyed the drive up I-89. To say there are a few trees here would be quite an understatement. I kept a weather eye for moose in the boggy places visible from the roads, but no luck had I spotting Bullwinkle.

Anyhow, tomorrow I will allegedly be training with some science folks at Dartmouth College. In the afternoon I have to hoof it back to the airport in Manchester and fly to my old friend Baltimore Washington International (via NYC). If I get a chance to do anything remotely interesting I'll let you know.

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go.
~Dr. Seuss

No comments: