Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Getting lush, still not flush


The wildlife diversity is gradually on the rise here as things continue to warm and turn green.  In the last couple weeks there have been first appearances of hummingbirds, toads, and for a first time in memory yellow-headed blackbirds.  This evening a lanky raccoon ambling into the yard at dusk was the first sighting of one of them in a long while.  I guess distemper laid many of them low in the last year or so.  The sound of frogs croaking down in the creek is a pleasant accompaniment to all the visual stimuli.

The grass is green and growing, but I guess the grass of prime importance in this region-wheat-is being largely assessed at lower qualities.  I imagine it is largely due to the dearth of moisture over most of the winter.  We have started to get more regular precipitation, but it might be too little too late.

What comes next has yet to reveal itself.  Unfortunately it is not my own (desired) timeline that drives most of that process of discovery.  I just keep at it and do what I can.  I have plenty of company, in that regard, despite the record highs on Wall Street.
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”
~Plato

2 comments:

Teacher said...

Yes, but you have water..... Its not green here until it rains....

Unknown said...

nice post gan!
Khasiat Walatra Sehat Mata Softgel