Monday, October 19, 2009

Weather, like other things, happens

The forecast isn't so great down here at the bottom of the world. We got one plane in yesterday, but now the weather is not cooperating so well. I probably won't be heading south before Thursday or Friday now, so am doing my best to keep the training ball rolling in McMurdo.

Last night I spent a couple hours washing pots with the DAs back in the kitchen. It was nice to see my old stomping grounds, and to re-amaze myself that I survived doing that for 4 months with sanity intact.

Other than that there isn't much else to report from your man in McMurdo.

"To be ignorant of what happened before you were born is to be ever a child. For what is man's lifetime unless the memory of past events is woven with those of earlier times?”
~Marcus Tullius Cicero

4 comments:

Becky said...

So go harass a few penguins or something!
Go bowling with the mid-rats galley crew!
Play in the wall climbing cave!
(I bet you could find a few people to flirt with, too-just sayin')

EthanG said...

No penguins. Bldg with bowling alley and climbing cave is condemned or something. Flirting is for those with hope.

EthanG said...

That last bit was a joke, by the way.

Becky said...

Well gosh, that's too bad-about the bowling alley, that is.
I bet there are still plenty of pool tables around....
And a man should live in hope.