Saturday, June 2, 2012

By moonlight and starlight



On an early morning excursion to ARO, I snapped a few pictures outside with my work camera.  I really don’t know yet how to get it to take better pictures in the dark, but with the copious amounts of moonlight out there, I thought I would give it a shot.

Outbound path to ARO past the axis of the planet:
 Back toward the station with a Scott tent in the foreground:

 I am still “enjoying” my ongoing bout of poor sleep.  It would be fabulous to just sleep the whole night through, but I’m sure I’ll get back to normal at some point.  The pressure altitude still is around the equivalent of 11,000 feet above sea level, so that may be a contributing factor.
“Desolation is a file, and the endurance of darkness is preparation for great light.”
~St. John of the Cross

2 comments:

Teacher said...

What is the Elvish word for friend?

Becky said...

Those are very nifty! Thanks for posting.