Sunday, June 20, 2010

To the solstice...and beyond

One week after finishing the last major repairs for one project, it suffered another, and a good amount of time this weekend was spent effecting the repairs. The part we replaced was buried amongst all those wires you see at the right end of the component. The close-ups show what eventually happens to metal when you run high current through it (probably arcing some) long enough.



Saturday night and Sunday night we watched "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight". In the few spare minutes I had today I made a little stencil and tricked out my work coat. Too bad it's not titanium reinforced carbon fiber, but it does the trick for the mean streets I have to walk.

Tonight we watch "The Shining", as per mid-winter tradition. I'll enjoy seeing a little glimpse of Glacier National Park as the VW Bug drives up past mountain lakes that are actually in Montana, not Colorado.
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me."
~Bruce Wayne, "Batman Begins"

3 comments:

Jeff said...

We watched The Shining and The Thing after closing in 1995. Did the tradition change?

Jeff Lutz

EthanG said...

We did The Thing post-closing, so that hasn't changed. Shining makes sense a way into the Dark...

Teacher said...

What about the black and white "Thing"? Keep watching the skies.....