Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'm here! Come on!! Do it now!!!

OK, so at a certain point in the winter here I stop paying so much attention to what is actually going on in a given movie and pay attention to the scenery, provided it's some lush, non-polar setting. Case in point last night: Predator. So, of course I still wish I could have that ridiculous mini-gun, but I spent a lot of the movie just admiring the jungle landscape the characters were creeping/running/shooting through. Cheers to an action/sci-fi movie with two future governors (including the Governator). This really makes me want to see the upcoming movie The Expendables. Sometimes you just have to indulge in a little gratuitous fictional violence, and boy did they know how to do that in 1980s Hollywood.

With the moon down outside it has been really dark. The stars and Milky Way have been really clear and vibrant during my walks around station, which is nice. I really missed them when the sun started to come up again last time.

I've rediscovered the lunchtime nap, which has had to augment some abbreviated nights as I've woken with really congested sinuses from the aridity of this climate. Sleep definitely is a golden commodity that you sure miss when it is in short supply.
"Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both....and surpass the result."
~Tien T'ai

1 comment:

Teacher said...

Ees no nap, siesta!