Sunday, January 25, 2009

What next? Maybe x-ray vision...

Well, I've been home for a few weeks, and for the most part things have been pretty low-key here. I've been getting plenty of outdoors time clearing brush from "the woods" here at my folks' place, and have gone on a number of really nice walks out in the pasture.

I've also been seeking out and applying for a lot of jobs, mostly in the aerospace field. I had a phone interview a while back, and will be going out to interview with the mission the middle of next month. It will be my first visit to New England, which should be interesting. I'm still waiting to hear back from all the other applications I've made, but am fairly used (now) to the wheels of hiring turning exceedingly slowly.

This past Friday evening I went over to Captain Drinkwater's in Strong City to watch Vegetable (the band my brother is in; see link at right) play a gig. The acoustics weren't that great, but it was fun to get to see them play live. I hadn't seen my bro play since one of his bands got to play before the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band at a Chingawassa Days celebration years ago. My dad was right when he said O could play bass like a lead (6-string) guitar.

Last night I watched "In the Shadow of the Moon" again, and can not recommend that documentary highly enough. It's pretty powerful stuff, getting to listen to people relate about their actual voyages to the moon. Hopefully I'll get to have a similarly "transporting" experience like that someday.

Ad astra per aspera.

2 comments:

Craig said...

I have friends in and around Nashua, NH and a sister in the area if you need and local contacts. Email me at Hairynleggz@cox.net. Looks like I'm heading to Palmer in March

Becky said...

If you get to go up, don't let them make you wash dishes!
Here's hoping you get something fun soon-